Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Mia's answers on visiting English graduate course

1) The genuine interest in what we had to say was the most interesting to me. For example, they intently watched me talk and even watched me when I wasn't talking, maybe to the point of making me uncomfortable... but it was fine. I found it flattering. The most surprising part was how relaxed they were. It wasn't just the professor lecturing the entire time, it was more of a discussion. The only part I found perplexing was when they asked if I had any questions...

2) I pretty much know what English teachers do, on account that I have had them for the past eleven years. As for the future, I was surprised how excited they are about new technology that is used for teaching. When I mentioned a Wiki, the guy in my group started asking questions and seemed very interested. English teachers have the stereotype of being really old-school ladies with their gray hair up in a bun so it was nice to see this stereotype proven wrong.

3) None right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment