Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Thoughts on the day

1) I think the most perplexing thing about the day's work was my realization of my false perceptions. I gather from talking to the other Gov's School students, teachers, and students in the graduate course we visited, that my ideas of what will be expected in college and what my peers English studies involve wasn't as accurate as I expected.

2) I now realize that being an English teacher doesn't simply mean one teaches English. There is a lot more opportunity for research and creative writing than I formerly thought, and it furthermore, it seems very common.

3) I think at this point a lot of my questions will have to be answered through trial and error, and hands-on experience in the fields I am interested in for a college major/career.

No comments:

Post a Comment